Kids living with chronic illness are more than just patients.
They are artists. Musicians. Athletes.
COACHART GOES VIRTUAL
In response to the coronavirus pandemic, we’re using online tools to continue to offer free arts and athletics programming to families impacted by chronic illness, and to give our community new opportunities to make a difference.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT COACHART
CoachArt virtually connects kids impacted by any chronic illness with a volunteer coach to be mentored in an arts or athletics activity.
Since 2001, CoachArt has successfully matched more than 10,000 students in private and group lessons.
- All materials for the lessons are provided by CoachArt and there is never a cost to the family or the volunteer.
- CoachArt children have chronic, physical illnesses and conditions that require ongoing treatment, such as arthritis, cancer, cerebral palsy, diabetes, heart disease, HIV, kidney failure, spina bifida, craniofacial anomalies, and various orthopedic disabilities, among other conditions.
- Siblings that meet our age criteria of 5-18 years also qualify to participate in CoachArt programs.
Does your child want to learn any art or athletic activity for free, either in 1-on-1 lessons or group lessons called clubs?
Qualifications: 5-18 years old, having any physical illness lasting at least 3 months, and/or a healthy sibling
BECOME A HERO
Will you brighten the life of a local child fighting a chronic illness by teaching an art or athletic activity that you enjoy?
Must complete: CoachArt’s online training and background check
I’D LIKE TO SUPPORT COACHART’S MISSION!
Your monthly donation will transform lives! Each month:
- $20 brings on 3 new students
- $50 sponsors a new piece of art or athletic equipment
- $100 sponsors a new 1-on-1 match between a student and a coach
- $1,000 sponsors a new club for up to 20 students
Donors receive: monthly video highlights and invitations to network with other great supporters
Our San Diego office is located at:
600 B Street, Suite 300
San Diego, CA 92101
San Diego, CA 92101