Internship is unpaid
CoachArt is a nonprofit organization that serves children impacted by chronic illness through providing arts and athletics programs that are impactful, meaningful and adapted to the unique needs and interest of the child. We work with young people and families who are facing enormous challenges and believe that ALL young people, regardless of limitation, deserve to be part of an inclusive and empowering learning community.
CoachArt’s Bay Area office is seeking an enthusiastic individual to assist the Program Coordinator by providing support with our matching process, data entry, preparing event materials, and participating in program planning and implementation. An internship experience at CoachArt will offer the opportunity to work directly with a highly motivated and ambitious staff and to be exposed to the inner-workings of a non-profit organization. We look for experiences and interests that will be a great fit for both organization and intern.
• Assist with administration of student-volunteer matching, including confirmation letters, emergency medical cards, evaluations, materials checkout and inventory, and documentation.
• Enter data and maintaining database
• Assist in creation and implementation of monthly programs newsletter to families
• Collaborate in planning, organizing, and facilitating CoachArt In-hospital workshops
• Assist staff with organizing program events and group lessons, including research, logistics planning, group lesson recruitment, creation of flyers, mass mailings, event reminders, follow up, and day of assistance as needed.
• Assist staff with outreach, in-kind donation and new partner research
• Develop comprehensive and user friendly chronic illness resource guide for CoachArt employees and volunteers
• Experience with Google Docs, Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of a CRM database such as Salesforce, a plus
• Excellent research, writing and organizational skills
• Must have great phone etiquette/customer service skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and work in a highly collegial team
• Passion for CoachArt’s mission
• Familiarity with the non-profit, arts, music and/or sports communities in the Bay Area
• Willing to attend occasional evening/weekend program events
• Strong Spanish skills highly desired
• Start Date: Immediate, flexible
• Training: Attend Volunteer Orientation Training
• Length of service: 3-6 months (flexible)
• Location: CoachArt Office (Downtown Oakland)
• Hours: 8-12 hours/week
• Some evening and weekend activities
Please email a resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and reasons for your interest in the position to: