Director of Operations
Availability: For Immediate Hire
Location: Southern or Northern California
CoachArt is a nonprofit organization that serves children impacted by chronic illness through providing arts and athletics programs that are impactful, meaningful and adapted to the unique needs and interest of the child. We work with young people and families who are facing enormous challenges and believe that ALL young people, regardless of limitation, deserve to be part of an inclusive and empowering learning community.
CoachArt is looking for a high energy Director of Operations to manage all internal business operations. The Director of Operations oversees the daily operational functions of CoachArt including the business and financial operations and systems, IT, and human resources. The Director of Operations works closely with our external Accountant and directly supervises the Operations Assistant and all Operations consultants (Salesforce, HR, IT). The Director of Operations reports directly to the Executive Director and is part of the Senior Management Team working with all departments, staff and the Board of Directors.
The Director of Operations will report directly to the Executive Director and will be primarily responsible to the following:
• Oversee management of the day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting operations of the organization, working with outside Accountant and supervising the Operations Associate
• In collaboration with the Executive Director, prepare and monitor annual budget for all departments; throughout year work with all departments to monitor budgets, develop forecasts, prepare regular budget reports for Executive Director, all departments heads and Board of Directors
• Directly responsible for management of budget for Office Administration, IT, Salesforce
• Manage all business operations such as insurance, service providers, etc.
• Serve as liaison to Human Resources provider and manage all onboarding/off boarding of employees—including benefit enrollment, compliance, final paychecks, exit interviews, etc. Prepare and manage all necessary paperwork for filing
• Provide new employee general orientation and training, and oversee department-specific trainings
• Responsible for overall organizational calendar and employee schedules, and collaborate with all Departments to set and manage calendar
• Serving as primary liaison with external IT service, oversee and maintain all IT operations for the organization, including working with IT vendors and consultants regularly for hardware, network, internet and software needs to keep systems functioning and upgrading them as necessary.
• Provide general office training for equipment and software when needed
• Oversee operation, maintenance, training and use of Salesforce for the Program and Development departments
• Manage all web, internet and IT accounts
• Manage all administrative office needs including office equipment functionality (printers, copiers, computers, phone provider)
• Oversee compliance with all health and safety expectations, as well as organizational safety procedures
• Represent CoachArt at Board meetings as needed
• Working with Executive Director and Operations Assistant, manage all relationships with service providers serving operational needs of organization—office management, systems, internet, utilities, phone
• Be flexible, positive and helpful in tackling other duties as needed
• A Bachelor’s degree.
• 3+ years of experience in Office Management, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Google Apps/Google Drive and Salesforce administrator experience.
• Experience in Human Resources, including HR compliance, hiring, training, managing and mentoring staff. Trustworthy and discreet in handling confidential or sensitive information and matters.
• Experience with website content management systems and website maintenance and updating
• Great communication skills, both written and oral.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to troubleshoot technical and computer issues.
• Demonstrated ability to function well as a self-starter, team member, problem-solver and strategic thinker.
• Commitment to CoachArt’s mission and values
• Positive attitude, flexibility, sense of humor—professional demeanor and outstanding service skills and attitude.
• Valid Driver’s License and transportation.
Salary DOE and excellent benefits package including health, dental and 401k.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title the subject Director of Operations.
No phone calls please.
3303 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1200
Los Angeles, CA 90010