Position: Development Managers — Los Angeles and Bay Area (2 positions available)
Availability: For Immediate Hire
Location: Los Angeles, California AND Oakland, California
CoachArt is a nonprofit organization with offices in Los Angeles and the Bay Area that transforms the lives of children impacted by childhood illness through arts and athletics.
Our Development Team includes a co-Development Manager in each region (LA & Bay Area), a Communications and Special Events Coordinator who is getting our message out to all of our audiences, and a Development Director who is overseeing all fundraising and communications efforts statewide.
We’re seeking a Development Manager in each region to bring their energetic, enthusiastic expertise to run our fundraising program in the Bay Area and Los Angeles. These individuals will own their regional development goal, and work with the Development Director to achieve and surpass that goal.
Our impact is truly moving, as you will see every day. We create a transformative arts and athletics community for families impacted by childhood chronic illness. Our vision is that one day every family impacted by childhood chronic illness will be connected to a community of support and an opportunity to learn and grow together.
Primary Responsibilities of the Development Manager — Los Angeles and Bay Area:
This position will report to the Development Director. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Local individual giving (20%)
- Work with the Development Director to craft a major gift and donor base strategy for the Bay Area
- Create content for possible hard-copy or digital appeals
- Establish relationships with your identified major donors and major donor prospects to deepen their relationship to CoachArt’s amazing work
Local corporate and foundation giving (20%)
- Work with the Development Director to identify existing and potential corporate and foundation targets in the Bay Area
- Solicit corporations and foundations with effective, compelling proposals
- Track and report outcomes, as specified by grant requirements
Project management of Annual Children’s Benefit event (BA) or Gala of Champions (LA)(20%)
- Serve as project manager for the Annual Children’s Benefit (spring- BA) or Gala of Champions (fall- LA)
- Coordinate the efforts of the Benefit fundraising team and Gala program team to optimize the outcomes of the event
Fundraising 2.0 (20%)
- Work with Development Director to ideate and execute cutting-edge, tech-savvy fundraising campaigns with an eye to the future of philanthropy
- Explore webinars and fundraising blogs to keep CoachArt current with development best practices
Acknowledgment and processing (20%)
- Process and database all online and Bay Area gifts
- Deliver creative, heart-warming acknowledgments of those gifts to the generous donors
The position will include additional duties as assigned.
Attributes of an ideal candidate include (in approximate order of importance):
- Successful and “win” filled experience in fundraising and nonprofit development
- Friendly, engaging, relationship-building personality
- Hunger to hit goals and metrics
- Compelling writing style
- Knowledge of SalesForce, Emma email platform, and Google’s business suite
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must pass a criminal background check
Salary and Benefits: Salary is $44,000 to $50,000, DOE. Health, Vision and Dental plans available. CoachArt, and this position, also offer a variety of non-traditional benefits such as:
- Mentorship and guidance across every aspect of a development program that creates a stepping stone to a Development Director position
- Unique and committed professional development approaches
- Flexible work hours and earned remote work opportunities
Application: To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Development Manager — Bay Area” or “Development Manager — Los Angeles.” No phone calls please.
CoachArt appreciates diversity and doesn’t discriminate based on race, age, religion, ability, marital status, sexual orientation, sex or gender identity. This position is non-exempt.
3303 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1200
Los Angeles, CA 90010