- Open with yoga or simple grounding and calming exercise
- Try to limit distractions in teaching area (other kids, noises, etc)
- Build in time for movement and breaks. Try a Go Noodle video. These are teacher and kid-approved videos that help get those wiggles out!
- Change it up. Every 15-20 minutes, switch gears to keep your lessons exciting.
- Leverage your student’s interests. Offer options and get creative to bring some of their favorite things into your lessons.
- Sports: have lots of games, not just drills.
- Arts: have shorter projects, after projects are finished let kids have creative free exploration with materials in a non-structured manner.