Tips for Communicating with a Non-English-Speaking Family
- Learn how to say hello in their native language. They will appreciate the effort!
- Let Google Translate do the communication for you!
- Use it for translating your emails and/or text messages
- It can even talk for you when you press the microphone button- how cool is that?
- You could also see if the child you are matched with or anyone else in the household can translate for you
- Say thank you and goodbye in the parent/guardian’s native language.
- Smile — it’s universal!