Program Manager — San Francisco Bay Area
This is a full-time position for $45,000-$50,000 per year.
Availability: For immediate hire
Location: Oakland, California
CoachArt is a nonprofit organization that serves children impacted by chronic illness through arts and athletics programs that are impactful, meaningful, and adapted to the unique needs and interest of the child. We work with young people and families who are facing enormous challenges. We believe that ALL young people, regardless of limitation, deserve to be part of an inclusive and empowering learning community. See a video about CoachArt here.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Group Program Management (50% of time)
- Supervise program assistant(s) and/or head coaches who run the arts and athletics programs
- Plan group arts and athletics programming calendar
- Coordinate logistics for group programming including venue, supplies ordering and storage, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with program partners and community partners
- Collaborate with marketing team to recruit for group programming
- Collaborate with development team on planning of group programming related to fundraising initiatives
- Manage budget for group programming
- Update database as needed
- Plan and execute volunteer acknowledgement initiatives
- Collect and share stories and photos with marketing team
- Volunteer and Student Onboarding (50% of time)
- Coordinate and complete all “welcome calls” to incoming families and volunteers
- Convert volunteer and family leads utilizing various outreach techniques
- Convert match requests into successful matches
- Provide support to volunteers and families during onboarding and in-home lesson matching process
- Collaborate with Deputy Director in priority-setting, strategizing, planning, testing, and giving feedback on any new platform-related initiatives
- Update database as needed
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM database
- Proficiency in computer systems, preferably Mac, and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Google Apps / Google Drive
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours including an average of two weekend days and/or two evenings per month
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Customer service background preferred
To be successful in this role, an individual should excel at these skills:
- Clear verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently
- Time management, organization and planning
- Flexibility and self-motivation
- Innovation and resourcefulness in data-informed solutions when identifying roadblocks
- Comfortable in dynamic environments
Positive attitude with a “can do” philosophy. We’re seeking someone with energy, a sense of fun, and enthusiasm for our mission. Must embrace and thrive in multi-tasking and attention to detail. Must be excited to engage in a hard-working, collaborative, and forward-thinking culture.
Health, vision and dental, and 401K plans available. CoachArt also offers a variety of non-traditional benefits including but not limited to flexible work hours and unique professional development approaches. CoachArt appreciates diversity and does not discriminate based on race, age, religion, ability, marital status, sexual orientation, sex, or gender identity.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $45,000-$50,000 per year
Experience: One year of program management preferred
Application: To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use this subject line in your email message: Program Manager – Oakland. No phone calls please.