COACHART VIRTUAL SUMMER CAMPS
CoachArt’s free virtual art & athletic programs improve the social and emotional well-being of kids & teens impacted by chronic illness.
We fully enrolled our free virtual summer camps in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, New York City, Portland, San Diego, and the San Francisco Bay Area. Activities included painting, music, yoga, and more. All supplies were included in our “CoachArt Kit,” which we shipped to the homes of participating families.
Thanks to the popularity of this new program, we are considering offering more virtual camps in the future. Stay tuned for further details.
Virtual Camp Schedule
Los Angeles: July 6-10, 4-5 pm FULL
San Diego & San Francisco Bay Area: July 13-17, 4-5 pm FULL
Chicago, Dallas, Denver, New York City & Portland: 4 sessions:
- Session 1: July 20-24, 1pm PT/ 4pm ET FULL
- Session 2: July 27-31, 1pm PT/ 4pm ET FULL
- Session 3: August 3-7, 1pm PT/ 4pm ET FULL
- Session 4: August 10-14, 1pm PT/ 4pm ET FULL
Virtual Camp Experience
Each day, for a week, kids participate in a different 1-hour activity including painting, yoga, sculpture, songwriting, and more!
CoachArt provides all program materials at no cost to participants.
Meet Our Camp Director, Emily
SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER
Emily is a Midwestern native with a passion for social justice and youth programming. She attended Denison University in Ohio where she focused on college access for first-generation students while volunteering with Big Brothers Big Sisters. In her spare time, she enjoys knitting, sewing, and distance running. In 2015, Emily made the leap from the corporate world to join CoachArt as a Program Coordinator.
Questions about our summer camps? Contact Emily at email@example.com or 619.378.7269
Eligible students are between the ages of 5 and 18 and have a chronic condition that requires ongoing treatment, or are the healthy sibling of such a child. Chronic conditions include arthritis, cancer, cerebral palsy, diabetes, heart disease, HIV, kidney failure, spina bifida, craniofacial abnormalities, and various orthopedic disabilities, among others.
CoachArt virtually connects
- All lesson materials are provided by CoachArt, and there is never a cost to families or volunteers.
- CoachArt children have chronic, physical illnesses and conditions that require ongoing treatment, such as arthritis, cancer, cerebral palsy, diabetes, heart disease, HIV, kidney failure, spina bifida, craniofacial anomalies, and various orthopedic disabilities, among other conditions.
- Healthy siblings who meet our age criteria of 5-18 years also qualify to participate in CoachArt programs.