Year Of Impact
Over the past eight months I have had the privilege of meeting with the CoachArt community – families, volunteers, partners, hospitals, staff, and board of directors. I’ve listened as they shared stories that span the thirteen years CoachArt has provided services in Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area, and I’m in awe when I hear stories of young people tapping into their creativity and potential. In these conversations I asked our community, “What does CoachArt mean to you, and how can we do better?” And now I am so excited to share the result of these conversations – CoachArt’s new Mission, Vision, and Values.
CoachArt’s mission is to create a transformative arts and athletics community for families impacted by childhood chronic illness. Our vision is that one day every family impacted by childhood chronic illness will be connected to a community of support and an opportunity to learn and grow together.
Our community shares the following values:
- ACCESS: we ensure that by focusing on what they can do instead of what they cannot, our children and young adults are offered the opportunity to participate by choice
- QUALITY: we support volunteers who consistently share their best skills, attention, time and industry and ensure that our partners share our commitment to excellence
- CELEBRATION: we insist on the acknowledgement of skills learned, relationships formed and growth cultivated from service to our families
- COLLABORATION: we work with hospitals, healthcare partners and program partners to ensure that there is a circle of support that meets the needs of our community
- DISCOVERY: we advocate for our team to model experiential learning through active engagement in self-identified interests and opportunities to share our best selves
And we accomplish our goals through the following core model:
- We serve children ages 5-18 who have experienced chronic illness, siblings ages 5-18 of children who have experienced chronic illness, and families who have experienced childhood chronic illness.
- We provide GROUP and INDIVIDUAL arts and athletics programs.
- We harness VOLUNTEERS and support them in sharing their unique strengths and skills.
- We PARTNER with high-impact organizations.
I am humbled and honored to be a part of an organization that delivers consistent, high-quality services and support to families impacted by childhood chronic illness, and I promise you 2015 will be a year of impact. We will work tirelessly to recruit committed volunteers and support them in their work. We will deliver high-quality services to even more families impacted by chronic illness. We will roll out new technologies and services that will increase efficiency and improve programs, meaning we can do even more with what we have. And most importantly, we will continue to always put CoachArt families first in all that we do.
Thank you for being a part of our journey.
Kara Allen Soldati
CoachArt Executive Director