Family-Friendly Valentine’s Day Playlist: “With Love From CoachArt”
Happy Valentine’s Day from CoachArt!
We love our community of families, volunteers, supporters, and donors. To help you celebrate V-Day this year, we created a family-friendly Valentine’s Day playlist especially for YOU! To bring you the best songs, members of the CoachArt staff each chose a favorite song or a song that had a personal meaning for them to create our playlist. We call it “With Love from CoachArt”, and we hope it brings you smiles this Valentine’s Day!
From our CoachArt family to yours…Happy Valentine’s Day! Listen here.
Your Family-Friendly Valentine’s Day Playlist
Our family-friendly Valentine’s Day playlist includes songs that everyone can enjoy.
Our song choices:
1. Our House – Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
2. Parentheses – The Blow
3. Soul Love – 2012 Remaster – David Bowie
4. Higher Love – Steve Winwood
5. Fly Me to the Moon (In Other Words) – Frank Sinatra, Count Basie
6. Baby It’s You – The Shirelles
7. Groove is in the Heart – Deee-Lite
8. Happy – from “Despicable Me 2” – Pharrell Williams
9. Love is an Open Door- from “Frozen” – Kristen Bell, Santino Fontana
10. Best Friend – Sophi Tukker, NERVO, The Knocks, Alisa Ueno
11. All I Want – Joni Mitchell
12. Secret Heart – Feist
13. I Was Made for You – She & Him
14. Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
15. Silver Lining – Rilo Kiley
16. A Sunday Kind of Love – Etta James
17. You Are the Best Thing – Ray LaMontagne
18. I’ve Just Seen a House (Remastered 2009) – The Beatles
19. Can You Feel the Love Tonight – “The Lion King” Soundtrack
20. Love – Remastered 2010 – John Lennon
21. You Send Me – Sam Cooke
22. Time After Time – Iron & Wine
23. That’s How Strong My Love Is – Otis Redding
24. The Very Thought of You – Billie Holiday
Thank you to our CoachArt staff for choosing their favorite songs to jam to this Valentine’s Day. Have a song to add? We’d love to listen to it! Let us know your favorite family-friendly love song in the comments below.
Bonus! Valentine’s Day Art Activity for Kids: Paint a heart with Coach Erick
Looking for a Valentine’s Day art project for kids? In our Facebook Live Art Tutorial last week, Coach Erick taught kids how to paint a heart in the clouds for Valentine’s Day. With step-by-step instruction from Coach Erick, kids can recreate the painting. No experience necessary, just the desire to have fun!
Click here to watch on our Facebook Page.
- 1 Canvas Panel: we use 11×14 size, but any size works. (Substitute: cardstock/letter paper)
- 2 Paintbrushes: one round and one flat (Substitute: Any paintbrushes you have.)
- Acrylic Paint: Blue, red, and white (Substitute: Any colors you have. Watercolors work too!)
- Paint Palette: Paper Plate or Recycled Cardboard
- Disposable Water Cup
- Apron or clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
Here’s what our community had to say:
“These will make a perfect Valentine’s Day gift!”
“Perfect for Valentine’s Day”
“I always appreciate the breakdown of the steps. It really makes it easy.”
MAKING A DIFFERENCE FOR FAMILIES IMPACTED BY CHILDHOOD CHRONIC ILLNESS
Since 2001, CoachArt has matched volunteer coaches with students for one-on-one or group lessons in arts and athletics. Our vision is that one day every family impacted by chronic illness will be connected to a community of support and an opportunity to learn and grow together.
CoachArt offers free art and athletic lessons to chronically ill children and their siblings between the ages of 5-18 in Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, and San Diego. If your child has been diagnosed with a chronic condition, we invite you to fill out a student eligibility form to learn if CoachArt is right for your child.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, CoachArt is providing virtual (online) lessons for all group activities and 1-1 lessons. Learn more about CoachArt’s virtual programming for kids and teens impacted by chronic illness.
WAYS TO HELP
Do you have an artistic or athletic skill you would like to share with a child impacted by chronic illness? Become a CoachArt Volunteer.
Learn how you can get involved with CoachArt to help kids impacted by chronic illness.