Kids living with chronic illnesses are more than just patients
They are artists. They are musicians. They are athletes.
CoachArt connects kids impacted by any chronic illness with a volunteer coach to be mentored in an arts or athletics activity.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT COACHART
Since 2001, CoachArt has successfully matched more than 10,000 students in private and group lessons
- All materials for the lessons are provided by CoachArt and there is never a cost to the family or the volunteer
- CoachArt children have chronic, physical illnesses and conditions that require ongoing treatment, such as – arthritis, cancer, cerebral palsy, diabetes, heart disease, HIV, kidney failure, Spina Bifida, craniofacial anomalies and various orthopedic disabilities, among other conditions
- Siblings that meet our age criteria of 5-18 years also qualify to participate in CoachArt programs
Does your child want to learn any art or athletic activity for free, either in 1-on-1 lessons or group lessons called clubs?
Qualifications: 5-18 years old, having any physical illness lasting at least 3 months
BECOME A HERO
Will you brighten the life of a local child fighting a chronic illness by teaching an art or athletic activity that you enjoy?
Must complete: CoachArt’s online training and background check
I’D LIKE TO SUPPORT COACHART’S MISSION!
Your monthly donation will transform lives! Each month:
- $20 brings on 3 new students
- $50 sponsors a new piece of art or athletic equipment
- $100 sponsors a new 1-on-1 match between a student and a coach
- $1,000 sponsors a new club for up to 20 students
Donors receive: monthly video highlights and invitations to network with other great supporters
I’D LIKE MORE INFORMATION!
In the words of activist Claire Wineland, a former CoachArt student –
“We cannot keep teaching people who are sick that they need to be healthy before they can live their lives.”
Our San Diego office is located at:
600 B Street, Suite 300
San Diego, CA 92101
San Diego, CA 92101